Monday 20 May 2019

The Extinction Trials by S. M. Wilson (REVIEW)


★★

This started out as a promising 4 star read and has gradually reduced in my mind, stupid decision after idiotic decision, to 2 stars. It was OK. And that's me being fair because it started out well. By the end I was over it. 

The premise was definitely better than the execution. There were moments when I was fully invested, and the next moment I was taken completely out of it by the sheer stupidity of the characters, and the slightly juvenile writing.

I would say the characters repeating themselves was annoying, but obviously it's not their fault, it's the author's! Could an editor not point out that you don't need to say the same thing twice in 10 pages?

Don't even get me started on the ending. I just fail to find the logic in any of the decisions.

Aside from these annoyances, the story was actually enjoyable! I felt like I was in Jurassic Park which is awesome! I just wished I was there with some people who had half a brain cell between them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.