Sunday 25 January 2015

The Theory of Everything (REVIEW)


After watching this movie I realised how ignorant I have been. Not only in my limited knowledge of anything to do with Stephen Hawking’s life, but also with regards to how seriously, seriously debilitating his disease truly is. All I knew going in was that Hawking is an exceptional physicist who has long outlived his doctor's original expectations. The speed with which motor neurone disease took over his body is terrifying. What is so inspirational is how he and his wife, Jane, have coped with it so excellently.

The Theory of Everything is a beautiful biopic depicting a brilliant life. I only hope that his life story has been accurately portrayed. The touching and fascinating story is brought to life by Eddie Redmayne’s exceptional acting. His performance was outstanding. To play the role so realistically must have put such a strain on him. Felicity Jones also gave an incredibly realistic and emotional performance as Jane Hawking. Between the two of them I couldn't take my eyes off the screen. Except to wipe them with a tissue... 

I do not envy the Oscar judges when it comes to deciding who gets Best Actor this year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.