Monday 12 January 2015

Exodus: Gods and Kings (REVIEW)


Well, it was okay. For two and a half hours I managed to watch the screen and not get bored. I was mostly just outraged at the unnecessary killing of innocent animals. Ridley Scott must hate horses or something.

The story, as ridiculous as it is, is something we’re pretty much all familiar with - the tale of Moses leading the Israelites out of Egypt and God parting the Red Sea. I’m not sure it translated well to a modern blockbuster. God just came across as a douche, and Moses a self righteous hypocrite. With terrible child acting to boot, the whole thing was a bit of a letdown.

With regards to the cinematography, whilst the ancient cities and buildings looked beautiful and detailed, a lot of the time it was so dark I could barely see what was going on. It felt really rushed and half arsed for some reason. I definitely expected better.

The acting was average. Pretty lacklustre actually.

The one thing in its favour is that it’s better than Noah. I haven’t even seen Noah and I can tell you that.

Overall, a distinctly average, unoriginal movie that could have been visually special but wasn’t. Don’t bother paying to see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.